Android Enterprise Custom Messages
The Codeproof EMM platform supports following custom support messages. These messages are shown to end-users in the device. The EMM administrator can customize these messages per device basis or a group of devices.
- Set a custom lockscreen message – Shown on lock screen
- Set a custom message for blocked settings (up to 200 characters) – Short message shown when settings are blocked.
- Set a custom message for users to view in Settings – Detailed message shown in Settings.
See below policy editor :
In the above image, the “Enable” checkbox is checked then only the custom messaging policies are enforced. If it is unchecked, no operation is performed.
Setting a custom lock screen message:
- If lock screen message is empty then, the device administrator’s custom message will be cleared in the device and then the end user can customize their own lock screen message.
- If lock screen message contains only white-spaces then the message on the lock screen will be blank and the user will not be allowed to change it.
See below image illustrations.
Custom Message for Blocked Settings:
See following blocked settings message examples:
1. App Permission management blocked:
2. Detailed blocking message view:
3. WiFi Settings Change Blocked:
4. Date Time Change blocked:
5. Adding New Accounts Blocked: