Apple Business Manager – Device Enrollment
The following steps show how to enroll corporate owned devices using Apple Business Manager (formerly known as DEP). Apple combined the DEP portal and VPP portal into a single portal called Apple Business Manager. Using Apple Business Manager, MDM administrator can enroll devices into MDM silently and deploy apps to devices silently as well.
1. Signup or login at https://business.apple.com
2. Add MDM Server.
- Enter the MDM Server name below.
- Upload following public key for Codeproof. Public key is here.
3. Assigning the devices to MDM.
- Enter the device serial number or purchase order number to assign devices to a particular MDM.
4. Download MDM device enrollment token (DEP token).
5. Import the token in the Codeproof Admin Console.
- Login to Codeproof Cloud Console
- Go to “EMM” menu from the top
- Then select “Apple Business Manager – Devices (DEP)”
- Click on Add Server Token
6. Assigning MDM Profile to devices.
- Click on “Manage” button to see all the devices by serial numbers.
- Select all the devices using right side checkbox and click on “Install MDM” button.
- Select “Enable Mandatory MDM” and click on “Assign Devices”. See below image illustrations.
7. Final step is to kick start the enrollment in the iPhone or iPad.
If the device is already in use, you must erase it to start the enrollment.
- Open the settings App then go to “General”. Then go to “Reset” and then select “Erase Settings and Content” to erase the device.
- After the device restarts, The setup Welcome wizard will appear.
- Skip “password” and continue with the MDM enrollment.
- After the enrollment, device entry will appear in the Codeproof Console “Policy Manager” section by serial number. See below.
Consumer purchased Apple Devices:
The consumer purchased iOS devices(not through DEP) can be enrolled into DEP and lockdown with MDM. This is available since iOS 11. This requires a physical access to device though. Using the latest Apple Configurator tool (a free tool from Apple) on a MAC computer and connecting the devices to MAC computer via USB. Instructions are here.