How to ping a device using Codeproof?
To ping (wake-up) a device or group of devices in order to refresh device properties and policies, Select a device(or group) in the policy manager directory tree and then right mouse click on it and select menu “Ping Device(s)”.
Here are the steps:
1. Launch Codeproof Console https://codeproof.com/console
2. Go to Mobile Policy Manager from top menu bar
3. Select a device or group from left side tree
4. Right click on it and select “Ping Devices” from menu
5. “Force Update props” command update all the device information including installed apps version info.
6. After sending the command, wait few minutes to see the updated property data. Right click again and select a command “Refresh” to see the updated property information.
See below image illustrations.
Refreshing the device property info:
Codeproof MDM platform implements both push and pull update mechanisms. Having large Agent heart-beat interval and using “device ping” command to wake-up agents improves battery life (avoids frequent communications from agent to server).