How to remotely lock the device with a recovery key?
The MDM Administrator can remotely force lock the Samsung and LG mobile devices using a recovery key and display a custom message on the lock screen. This is a very important step IT administrator has to take to protect confidential data in the mobile device when the device is lost or stolen.
- Login to Codeproof Cloud Console
- Go to Mobile Policy Manager from the TOP menu
- Then select a single device and or a group of devices from the left side tree
- From the right side panel, go to “Command Center”
- Select command “Lockout Device Now”
- Enter the recovery key. NOTE: LG devices needs 16 characters recovery key.
- Click on “Send Command” to instantly lock the device. See below image!
LG MDM Admin Portal:
LG Device Screen:
Samsung MDM Admin Portal:
Samsung Device Screen: