How to configure Office365 email or Exchange EAS on Apple devices
To setup a Microsoft Office365 or Exchange Active Sync (EAS) email account remotely on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices, Please following these steps.
- Login to console and select a device node using Mobile Policy Manager.
- On right side panel, select “iOS Security” and then select “iOS Configurations”.
- Then go to “Microsoft Exchange” section
- Click on “Enable” to enable the policy and enter the server info.
- After entering all the info, hit “Save” button to save all the settings.
To remove the email and all the sync data,
- Uncheck “Enable” checkbox.
- Hit “Save” button below to save the policy.
- Now emails and calendar data are removed automatically.
For example to configure Office 365 use following server names:
Exchange Active Sync Host: outlook.office365.com
See below image illustrations.
Setting up Office365 Email :
You can see the “Exchange Account” profile in the iPhone Settings (Settings->General->Mobile Device Management). See below.
The email Inbox name is “Exchange Email”. See below.
Removing Office 365 email inbox:
In the MDM Profile settings “Exchange Profile” has been removed now. See below.
KEYWORDS: Microsoft Exchange Active Sync, Office365, EAS, Mobile Device Management, MDM