iOS 8 Mobile Device Management (MDM) Policies
Apple keeps on adding new enterprise management policies to iOS. In iOS8, following new policies are available. Use Codeproof cloud console to remotely configure these policies.
- Allow Activity Continuation: If set to false, Activity Continuation will be disabled.This policy will be useful for a lot of enterprises as this will control data flow through iCloud.
- Allow Managed Apps Cloud Sync: If set to false, prevents managed applications from using cloud sync.This is also a useful enterprise feature where admin can restrict managed apps backing up any data to iCloud, while still allowing it for the personal user downloaded apps.
- Allow Enterprise Book Backup: If set to false, Enterprise books will not be backed up.Enterprise now can deploy iBooks and restrict synchronization through iCloud.
- Allow Enterprise Book Metadata Sync: If set to false, Enterprise books notes and highlights will not be synced.
- Allow Erase Content And Settings: Supervised mode only. If set to false, disables the “Erase All Content And Settings” option in the Reset UI.End user will not be able to erase device. This is useful in school students usage scenario where devices are configured as “Supervised” .
- Allow Enabling Restrictions: Supervised mode only. If set to false, disables the “Enable Restrictions” option in the Restrictions UI in Settings.End users will not be able to restrict device with their own passwords. Useful in school students usage scenarios where devices are configured as “Supervised”.
- Allow Spotlight Internet Results: Supervised only. If set to false, Spotlight will not return Internet search results.Block internet search from “Spotlight Search”. This is also useful in school students usage scenario where devices are configured as “Supervised” .
Using Codeproof console, Administrator can remotely take control of these policies. See below.