Location based mobile policies – Geofencing
We’ve introduced the anticipated location based mobile policies also known as Geofencing. With this feature an administrator can define multiple geographical regions within the Codeproof console and apply the mobile policies to devices in those regions. When the device is identified within the defined region boundary the regional restricted policies defined by the administrator get enforced automatically. Similarly, when the device goes out of the region the policy reverts back automatically.
The following is a list of applicable policies.
1. Disable or block camera in the certain geographical area. The administrator can block the phone’s camera automatically inside company campus, as an example. With this feature un-authorized users or devices will be unable use the camera to take pictures or video, which helps prevents data leakage and theft.
2. Notify administrator via email or SMS when the device enters or exits a specified region.
Currently, this feature is available for all the Android and iOS based devices. To enable Geofencing please update to the latest version of the Codeproof App installed on the device.
Steps to Enable Campus Camera Blocking:
- Login to Cloud Console here
- Go to Mobile Policy Manager from top menu
- Expand the tree on left side and select a device or group of devices
- On right hand side panel, goto Android Security or iOS Security and then go to “Geofencing” tab
- Click on Enable checkbox and Add location coordinates latitude, longitude and radius(in meters) of th region. See below.
In order to find out latitude and longitude of your location, In your iPhone, Open Codeproof App and go to “Device Information” page. At the bottom, latitude and longitude information available. Enter this info in the console. Also enter radius in meters. [Note: You must enable location service for Codeproof]. See below.
7. Save the policy by clicking on “Save” button.
8. After enabling the geofencing policy in the policy manager, In the iPhone or iPad, open Codeproof app and tap on “Update Policy”. The app will render the following screens.
Note: In order location based policies to work properly, please make sure that “Background App Refresh” and “location services” are enabled for Codeproof App. See below.