Tracking the physical location of iPhone and iPad devices using MDM
Using the Codeproof EMM/MDM Platform, IT Administrator can track the physical location of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. NOTE: In order to request the location from the device, the MDM must be already setup in the device. The MDM can be setup either using DEP or Profile based. The MDM agent app is not required in this case.
Here are the steps.
- Login to Cloud Console and then go to Mobile Policy Manager from the top menu.
- Select a iOS Device from the left-side tree panel.
- Now go to “Command Center” from the right side tab.
- Send “Enable Lost Mode” Command.
- Send “Request Location” Command.
- Now refresh the device node using a right mouse click and hit “Refresh” button from the context menu.
- Now go to “Locate Me” tab on right side to see the latest location info. See below image illustrations.
Enable Lost Mode
Sending Lost Mode Command
Request Device Location in the lost mode.
The Device Location is received by MDM Server
View the location information in the Google Map.
Disable the Lost Mode
The Lost Mode is disabled.