Stay compliant with GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 is a regulation in EU that mandates how companies protect EU citizens’ personally identifiable information (PII). It applies to the European Union and the European Economic Area, and personal data transfer outside the EU and EEA areas.
GDPR aims to give individuals control over their PII and simplify the regulatory environment for companies working within the EU.
Why GDPR exists
In 1995, the European Parliament issued the Data Protection Directive. Its provisions failed to encompass the way data is stored, collected, and transferred in new millennium, especially after the rise of technologies like cloud computing, social media, and smartphones.
The GDPR was enacted to address all the shortcomings of the Data Protection Directive. For individuals, the GDPR brings multiple protections:
- Businesses must disclose data breaches to authorities and/or the consumers within a couple of days of discovery, depending on the seriousness of the breach.
- Individuals have a right to know what information about them is being stored.
- Individuals have the ‘right to be forgotten’ and have their data erased, except for legal reasons.
- Businesses in violation of GDPR can be fined up to 20 million Euros, or 4% of their annual global turnover.
How Codeproof helps keep you GDPR compliant
Disclaimer: This document offers the ways in which Codeproof keeps customers compliant. However, every enterprise should do its own compliance due diligence and assess its mobile security framework to support GDPR compliance.
- Data Containerization: The Codeproof platform delineates personal and business data on the device. The IT administrator does not have access to personal data, the content of personal apps, or personal email stored on the device.
- Encryption: The Codeproof platform enforces strong encryption policies for both iOS and newer versions of Android Devices.
- Password: The Codeproof platform enforces strong password policies for both iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Remote Lock and Wipe: Prevent device theft and data leakage prevention through mechanisms like remote lock and remote data wipe functions to protect mobile devices from a corporate data theft.
- Mobile OS integrity: Enforce compliance by applying security configurations and policies to the devices and apps, monitoring device and application compliance, and take appropriate action if the app or device is out of compliance.
- Prevent unauthorized app usage: The Codeproof platform prevents the use of apps that have not been approved by the customer.
- Whitelisting/blacklisting and kiosk mode: Block users from changing device settings and configurations, installing apps, accessing web browsers, and task manager, among other features per custom organizational policies for whitelist/blacklist. Kiosk mode is a more extreme version of that with a very limited range of features.
- Inventory management: Identify authorized and unauthorized apps and devices and monitor administrative actions, and business data flows, all of which are logged.
- App and OS updates: Automatically update apps, including new OS updates, security patches etc.
- Antimalware Protection: The Codeproof platform blocks malicious apps and data stealing adware applications in the devices.